Every year, the last few episodes are dedicated to a Top 40-style Countdown, where listeners can nominate and vote on their favorite covers of all time. This isn’t a “Best Covers of All-Time” list, but a favorites list (which means that Aretha’s “Respect” and Jimi’s “All Along The Watchtower” aren’t permanent fixtures).
If a song ranks high enough for several years, it makes it into the Hall of Fame, where it’s admired for all to see, and eliminated from potential nomination and voting, opening up the list for new songs.
These are currently the songs in the Coverville Countdown Hall Of Fame, making them ineligible for nominations or votes:
- Common People – William Shatner
- Baby Got Back – Jonathan Coulton
- In Between Days – Ben Folds
- Lithium – Polyphonic Spree
- Straight Outa Compton – Nina Gordon
- I Will Survive – Cake
- Hurt – Johnny Cash
- Wonderwall – Ryan Adams
- Comfortably Numb – Scissor Sisters
- Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
- Redemption Song – Johnny Cash & Joe Strummer
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Petra Haden
- Billie Jean – Chris Cornell